"FLOWERS" - MIXED MEDIA MINI CANVAS

by - March 31, 2016

Hello friends, Welcome to my blog!! Today am sharing a  mixed media canvas based on the theme "Flowers". I spotted these cute mini canvases when I had been to Daiso Japan last weekend .
I applied a coat of gesso to the canvas and used acrylic paints of pink, orange and red colors with water spray. I dabbed some paints and then sprayed water upon them to get a drooling effect. Once it was dried I started making random textures using Liquitex texture paste and stencils. I had few scraps of pattern paper left over after using it for the sewing machine project. So pasted those upon the canvas. 
All the flowers are handmade using recollections punches and the lace is crocheted using i hook and wool. The black hearts are hand cut from empty cereal cartons and colored using black acrylics. The sentient is handwritten. 
Hope you all liked my canvas!! See you soon with another interesting post.

Entering this project to the following competitions:
4 crafty chicks - " Anything goes"
Lessology challenge - " Hand lettered love" - The sentiment is handwritten and the black hearts are made by recycling empty cereal cartons.
Stamplorations challenge -


We love to create challenge blog - " Anything creative/ Mixed media
Anything but cute challenge -  " Crazy for color "- I have used vibrant colors and lots of flowers in my project. 

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Oh wow. This turned out so pretty! I really love the bright, bold colours!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colors on this beauty! So happy you could join us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge, Ramya! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what bold and vibrant colours! Love your textured background, your awesome flower arrangement, your fabulous hearts and a perfect quote! I love everything about this stunning canvas!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But cute! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those beautiful flowers - thanks for sharing your creation at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Mixed Media project! Thanks for entering our MM challenge of ARTplorations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty canvas!! I love all the pretty colors and those hearts are perfect :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the rich colors and all of the texture... this is why I'm a cardboard hoarder.. you are enabling me...lol! Thanks for playing along at Lessology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and Bright!
    Thank you so much for joining our Crazy for Colors challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background is bold, the colours are wonderful and I just love how the black elements stand out so beautifully!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Crazy for Colour challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Lovely colours and textures! and beautiful handmade flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments