MIXED MEDIA TAGS

by - December 06, 2015

Hello friends, Welcome to my blog!! Today am sharing with you all three mixed media tags made using different techniques. 





I wanted to create an unconventional shaped tag so made this in circular shape. I gave a thick coat of gesso to my canvas paper and then applied texture paste over heart shaped stencil. Then sprayed blue and pink acrylic paints. The colors were soft so to get a brighter tone I loosely applied blue and violet pearl paints with brush. I added some white twine and pasted the flowers upon it. The flowers are handmade using punches.Finally glued a white lace at the bottom and stamped the sentiment. 



For this tag I took a piece of canvas paper and applied orange , brown and yellow distress inks and blended it using a blending sponge. Then I used Americana stencil over texture paste to get circular textures. Once dried I applied golden color to the textures using brush. Then I used Kaisercraft clear stamps and black archival inks and stamped at the top and middle of the tag. I made a loop using a black rope and glued it to the tag using glue gun. Pasted some handmade flowers. To add more interest I have added the golden ball chain. The trail I went to hike this weekend had lots of berry tree branches fallen on the road. So collected a few of them and used  here. The sentiment is handwritten.



This is my favorite of all the three tags. Its because I have used lots of items that are left over in my stash. For creating this tag I took inspiration from Lynn Kopas april tag. I started off by giving thick coat of white gesso to my canvas paper. Adhered the flowers, terracotta beads, glass beads, tooth picks , a piece of burlap cloth , piece of tree branch,buttons, iron on letters etc using tack glue. The flowers are all handmade. These terracotta beads cannot be stringed into a necklace as they got cracked while baking or the holes are not big enough to slide through the wire. I had many beads like that. So this tag gave me an opportunity to use all those beads and the toothpicks used for creating them. Once everything is glued properly I gave  2 thick coats of white gesso. Then used homemade majenta acrylic spray ( acrylic paint + rubbing alcohol+ water) . To make it a little darker dabbed red color randomly using brush. The sentiment is stamped using black archival ink.



Hope you all liked my tags. Keep visiting my blog.

Submitting to

City crafter challenge blog - " Tag" 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow this is right up my street. Absolutely love all three of them. Lots of hard work, techniques and time involved here. Thank you for the helpful information on how you made them. Love the layering, the textures and colours. How unique to have added the berries, you picked up on your hike, loved the idea , so personal x One clever and creative crafter..stunning work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each tag is different and unique. Such a gorgeous way to use mixed media. And the result is wonderful. I love them all.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and so pretty!! Love your tags!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments