BIRTHDAY THEME EXPLOSION BOX

by - July 29, 2014

Hello friends, Today am sharing with you all an explosion box made for my husband's birthday.

This is how the box looks when it is closed

When it is openend it explodes with a cake in the center. I followed the tutorial of Rina Meyer's from you tube to make this box.

I have used black cardstock for the base and recollections pattern papers.

My most favourite part is the center cake. I made that using chart paper and covered it using gift papers. I decorated the cake using spiral roses.


The explosion box has pockets on all the 4 sides. On one side of the explosion box I made an accordion fold pocket tags.


Another pocket contains a small book of precious moments. 



The other two pockets contain greetings and a letter. 

I decorated the lid of the box using flowers , pearls and crochet borders. 


My husband was happy and surprised after opening the box.  I too thoroughly enjoyed making the box and took care of every small details so that he likes my gift .

Submitting to
Lulupu challenge - " go 3D"
Imaaginations craft challenge blog - " Anything goes"
Dream valley challenge - " Favourite colour combo" - Whenever I wanted to make a project I would always think that black and pink will only look rich and good compared to others. So that is my favourite colour combo. In this full project I have used various shades of pink with black.
4 crafty chicks - " Photo inspiration " - I was inspired by the cake and created an birthday theme explosion box with a cake at the center
Imaginations - " Bingo challenge" - I have used pattern papers, punches and pearls in my project . Pattern papers for covering the explosion box and for the pockets , punches I have used in the lid and for making cake, pearls I have used for decorating the lid of the box.






You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow an amazing box so full of detail thanks for joining us at imagination crafts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous explosion Box, Ramya! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Explosion box Ramya ! i love it and the center cake is yummy :D..your husband will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing explosion box ,Ramya. So many interesting things inside. I am sure hubby must be very happy.
    Love detailed work. Thank you for playing along with us at Lulupu 3D challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments